<< Back
Message for this thread
Posted by Messages text
Schnell Christopher

Noavatar
Total post : 7
> Profile
Written on : 03/11/2006 14:38 ( more than one month )
Object : ZIP File not extracted after SCORM Package upload
Hello,

first of all my greatest respect for developing such a cool LMS. I am currently evaluating several OS-LMS and yours is really cool.

I Installed it on a test-server that runs on Debian Sarge with Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 4.1.xx. I installed Docebo 3.04
Since it is an internal testserver, I set all permissions to 777 recursively because I first want to evaluate without caring for technical issues.

When I upload learnig content files, it is no problem, but if I upload SCORM Learning content ZIP-files, I get an error like
"Error: File: ../files/doceboLms/scorm/302_45_1162560194_scormpackage.zip_content/imsmanifest.xml not found [103]"

I have to mention that the "scormpackage.zip" is from your SCORM-Tutorial, so it definately contains the manifest. Then, I took a closer look to the folder 302_45_1162560194_scormpackage.zip_content and found out that the contents from the uploaded zip are not extracted. I tried that with some other scorm-packages, but I get the same result. The Zip-Files are saved on the server, a folder with "nameOfZip"_content is created but nothing is extracted to it.

Do you know something of this behavior or how to avoid it? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I use the http-upload, I have no FTP-Server installed on my testing machine.

Thanks and best regards,
Christopher

Erba Claudio

Total post : 2688
> Profile
Written on : 03/11/2006 17:13 ( more than one month )
Object : Re: ZIP File not extracted after SCORM Package upload
Hello Christopher,
it is possible that the server can't extract the zip file for permission issues.
For example we experienced the problem with safe mode to ON and the http upload mode instead ftp
This can be checked trough the config.php
Regards
Claudio
Docebo CEO and Founder
www.docebo.com

Schnell Christopher

Noavatar
> Profile
Written on : 03/11/2006 17:30 ( more than one month )
Hello Claudio,

here is an excerpt from my php-settings:

Php version
5.1.6-0.dotdeb.2
"safe_mode" configuration
Off
Configuration of "register_global"
Off

As you can see, my safe-mode settings are set to off. Besides it does not say that in config.php. I do not think that it is a permission problem, since the webserver creates the folder correctly and has writing permissions for that folder. Here an example:

drw-rw----  2 www-data www-data    4096 2006-11-03 14:23 302_45_1162560194_scormpackage.zip_content

As you can see, the owner and the group has reading and writing permissions.

best regards,
christopher

Schnell Christopher

Noavatar
> Profile
Written on : 06/11/2006 09:09 ( more than one month )
Dear Claudio,

I don't know what happened, maybe it was the weekend between. This morning, without any change, I was able to upload several SCORM packages and they worked just fine, as expected.

Now I can dig deeper into docebo :-)

I mailed to the administrators of a very popular German LMS-Website (www.lmsnews.com), they compare and test LMS, about your system. I hope, they add it to their database, because I would nearly have missed docebo if I hadn't found your SCORM Tutorial.

best regards,
Christopher

Erba Claudio

Total post : 2688
> Profile
Written on : 06/11/2006 18:47 ( more than one month )
Thanks Cristopher 
Claudio
Docebo CEO and Founder
www.docebo.com

Schnell Christopher

Noavatar
> Profile
Written on : 07/11/2006 09:04 ( more than one month )
It seems that there is a problem with Firefox on Mac OS X. Today I again was not able to upload SCORM packages. But I tried it again on Internet Explorer (Win) and it worked...

[EDIT] now it is getting really strange: It seems as I can only upload the very same package only ONCE per browser. I really don't understand it. Now the same as on Firefox Mac happens on IE Win. With Opera Win I again was able to upload the zip-file.

Can anyone verify this problem?

[/EDIT]
Message modified by : cschnell on : 07/11/2006 09:42

<< Back