Most E-Learning Platforms are developed to boost formal, structured learning, but Docebo Discover, Coach & Share allows you to implement the informal learning approach into your company’s holistic learning plan. For an overview of Discover, Coach & Share, refer to this section of the Knowledge Base. This article covers how to configure Coach & Share settings as the platform Superadmin.
Discover, Coach & Share Settings
To manage your Discover, Coach & Share settings, access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the platform, then in the Discover, Coach & Share section, select the Discover, Coach & Share Settings option.
On this page, you can enable or disable the following options:
– Private Assets. When this option is enabled, users will be able to upload private assets into the platform. Private assets are published directly to a user’s personal channel, and they are only visible to the asset owner and people invited by the asset owner. When this option is disabled, users can only upload public assets. This option is enabled by default.
– Video Assets. In this section, you can define duration limitations for video assets that users upload into the platform. Flag whether you want to allow videos of any length to be uploaded, or if you want to set duration limits for video assets. By default, the first option is enabled. If you flag the latter option, you then need to flag whether videos cannot be longer or shorter than a specific length of time. Flag the type of duration limits that you want to apply to video assets, then use the text fields to insert the time value of each flagged limit. Please use the format of hours, minutes, and seconds written to the right of the text fields.
– Asset Downloading. When this option is enabled, users can download an asset’s source file for any assets that are uploaded into the platform. Users cannot download any linked assets, as they are embedded into the platform. This option is enabled by default.
– Answer Settings. When this option is enabled, other users can answer learners’ questions along with assigned Experts. Question visibility restrictions apply, meaning that a user can only answer questions from channels to which he or she has visibility or from courses in which the user is enrolled. This option is enabled by default.
– Ask the Expert. When this option is enabled, users must select a channel when asking questions to Experts. This means that the Do not assign to any channel option will be removed from the corresponding dropdown menu when users are creating a question to ask to Experts. This option is disabled by default, unless the Extended Enterprise app is active in your platform, and cannot be disabled in this case, in order to prevent questions to be raised and managed across domains.
Configuring the Invite to Watch Functionality
After uploading contributions in the platform, users are prompted to invite other people to watch what they have uploaded, in order to promote their content. Invitations can be sent only to users having visibility on the channel where the asset is uploaded. The users invited to watch the contribution will receive the New to Watch Invitation notification via email, Slack or in the Notification Center, depending on the notification settings in the Notification App. Remember to configure this notification when setting up Discover, Coach & Share, or users will not receive their invitations.
If your platform is managing multiple domains via the Extended Enterprise App, a user can invite to watch only users belonging to a branch or any sub-branches of that domain. If a user belongs to a branch that is not directly linked to a domain of the Extended Enterprise (or the sub-branch parent is not linked to a Extended Enterprise), then this user will NOT be able to invite any users. If your platform is not using the Extended Enterprise App, a user can invite any users in the platform.
Note on the Text Editor
The text editor embedded in the platform and used for the management of questions, answers and comments is Froala. Refer to the Froala Knowledge Base for further information on its usage.
Also remind that the rendering of the output of WYSIWYG editors may be slightly different from the input, depending on the CSS rules applied.
Keep the following best practices in mind:
- Video Assets duration limits are helpful if you want to discourage very long videos (+20min) from being uploaded.
- If enabling users to answer questions, note that experts cannot delete user answers, but they can delete questions instead.
- Users should always select a channel when asking a question. This ensures that an expert is notified when a question is asked either via notifications or the task list widget.