DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article outlines how to use functionalities released in Docebo 7.6, which will be publicly released to all clients at the end of January 2019. If you see differences between this article in your platform, check back at that time for updated content.
With Docebo’s E-Commerce App, you can sell courses online with your Docebo Learning Management System. This manual will help you get started. Log into your platform as the Superadmin, reach the Admin Menu, then access the Apps & Features area using the Add New Apps button. In order to activate the E-Commerce app, select the Docebo Additional Features tab. Then, find the E-Commerce App and select the Try It For Free button.
Read the information in the pop-up box as necessary, then press Start Free Trial. With the Course Catalog feature, you can take advantage of the ability to divide your courses into catalogs. You can do this at no cost. Please refer to the linked manual for more information.
This app is available for both Growth and Enterprise clients.
Accessing the E-Commerce App
Access the E-Commerce settings by selecting the gear icon to reach the Admin Menu. Find the E-Commerce section and select the Manage subitem. This area is divided into different tabs for different payment gateways. Each payment gateway in the platform has a corresponding article in Docebo’s Knowledge Base. Refer to the list in the next section to learn how to configure each payment gateway.
Configuring Payment Gateways in the LMS
Each payment gateway in the platform has a corresponding article in Docebo’s Knowledge Base. Refer to the list below to learn how to configure each payment gateway:
In this tab, begin by setting the currency symbol as well as the currency that will be used in this module. The currency symbol is the value shown to users while they are purchasing a course or learning plan. You can use any symbol or word you prefer (eg. € or euro), but remember that this text field only displays a few characters; long words and phrases may not fit properly on the page. The currency is the standard value passed to your payment gateway, regardless of the currency symbol you inserted in the corresponding field.
Find here the complete list of the currencies supported by Docebo. Please note that some currencies supported by your platform may not be accepted by the payment gateway you selected, so remember to check before making your selection. When you’re finished, press Save Changes.
This feature allows you to create and manage coupons that final users may use for discounts on one or more courses. To create a new coupon, move to the Coupons tab in the Settings menu, then select the New coupon button. Then, fill the form with the parameters you would like to assign to it:
- Code: you can designate one or generate a random one
- Description: details of the coupon which users will see
- Coupon validity: decide if it has to be valid for a specific period only
- Coupon usage: establish if this coupon can be used on all courses, only one time or only for a specific number of users. In the last scenario, all the users included in the specified group will be able to use the coupon on the entire catalog.
- Coupon discount: set the discount value; this could be as a percentage or as an exact amount.
- Minimum order: specify if this coupon can only be used on orders that reach the amount set.
Click Confirm to save the coupon. Once the coupon has been created, you can view it in the list and start assigning it. Select the highlighted icon.
Press the Assign Courses button, then select the course to which you want to associate this coupon. Press Confirm to save. Repeat the process to create more coupons.
Note about Coupons: Please note that you cannot re-use coupon codes, even after a code has expired or been deleted. Docebo stores past coupon codes for transaction history, so you each code for each coupon must be unique.
How to Sell a Course
Users will be able to buy a course and use a coupon only after you have managed the E-Commerce options inside the Courses area. Reach the Admin menu from the sidebar and choose Courses subitem from the E-Learning section. Find the course you want to sell, select the menu icon in the course’s row, then choose Advanced Settings from the dropdown menu.
Go to the Catalog Options tab to check that the Course Subscriptions are open and the Enrollment Policy is free.
Then access the E-Commerce tab, flag the the sell course box and set the price. Press Save Changes when you’re finished. Remember: To be visible to users, the course has to be included into a catalog.
Buying Courses and Using Coupons (for End Users)
In order to learn more about purchasing courses and using coupons in the Docebo LMS, refer to this shopping cart article in the Knowledge Base.
– Currently, you can set the price of courses and learning plans in only one currency in the platform, so the price of a learning object is unique. This means that if you set a value for 100, it can be $100, €100, £100, etc., depending on the currency that you set at domain level. If you want a single learning object to use multiple currencies, you need to use Docebo’s Multidomain feature, assigning each domain its own currency, then duplicating the learning object with different prices and different currencies. If you don’t have the Multidomain feature but you still want a learning object to be set for different prices, you can duplicate the learning object in your single domain then set different price values for each of the learning objects, but note that you will have the same currency for both learning objects.
– If you cannot find your currency when selling courses, you can use any other currency defined in the platform.
– For transaction refunds, please keep in mind that they are managed directly by the payment gateways. No refund actions can be performed by Docebo or within your learning platform.