DISCLAIMER: The End of Life date of the GoToMeeting V1 integration is at the end of March 2021. Remember that, after this date, the webinar sessions scheduled with GoToMeeting V1 will no longer be accessible or usable by Superadmins, Power Users, or Learners. Docebo will release its revamped integration with GoToMeeting, called GoToMeeting V2, on September 23, 2020, and this new version of the integration will completely replace GoToMeeting V1 by the end of March 2021. Check out the Product Updates page for more details.
For those using GoToMeeting, GoToTraining and GoToWebinar for web training, your platform can integrate with these tools, so your users can access live training sessions directly in webinar courses in their Docebo platforms.
Please Note: At this time, GoToWebinar does not support launch URL, thus webinars hosted by GoToWebinar cannot be launched (started) from directly inside your platform, but users can still access these webinars directly from the platform. Please check back for more updates soon.
You must have an active GoToMeeting account (not a trial account) and remain in agreement with the terms and conditions in your contract in order to successfully configure this integration.
Please note that the integration is available for GoToMeeting SaaS, and does not support on-premise deployments.
Activating the GoToMeeting App in Docebo
Begin by logging into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner and press the Add New Apps button in the menu. Once you’re in the Apps and Features area, select the Web Conferencing tab in the tabs menu on the left side of the page. In the list of apps in this tab, find GoToMeeting, then select the Try It For Free button.
In the pop-up box, read the description, then press Try It For Free. The app is now activated in your platform and you can configure the integration.
Configuring the GoToMeeting App in Docebo
To begin, access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon. Then, find the GoToMeeting section, and press the Manage item. On the settings page, begin by pressing the New Account button in the Accounts section.
In the pop-up box, fill out all of the information, retrieving it from your GoToMeeting developer account. Refer to the section below to learn how to get this info from GoToMeeting.
Please note that the number of concurrent rooms is the one agreed in your GoToMeeting licence.
Configuring the Integration in GoToMeeting
Start by creating a developer account on GoToMeeting. Once you’re logged into your developer account, Go to the My App area, then press the Add a New App button.
You will then be prompted to fill out a page similar to the one pictured below. You will need to add your application name, description, which system you’ll integrate (GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, or GoToWebinar), and the URL of your platform. Please note that the URL set in the Application URL field must be the URL from which the authorization request is made. If you are using the Custom Domain App, remember to fill the Application URL field with the custom domain URL, do not use the SaaS URL. Enter the Application URL with the following format:
When you’re finished, select the Create App button.
Now, press the My Apps item at the top of the page, then find your Docebo app. Select the name of the new app, then copy the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret into the corresponding text box in your platform (the pop-up box from the GoToMeeting Manage page).
When you’re finished, press Save Changes. The account you have just created will be listed in the Accounts section of the GoToMeeting Manage page.
Once you have activated the app, you can create webinar courses creating and managing GoToMeeting conferencing sessions directly from your platform.
Migrating to GoToMeeting Version 2
Docebo GoToMeeting V2 will completely replace GoToMeeting V1 by the end of March 2021. You can become a GoToMeeting V2 adopter by activating the new version of the integration at any time after September 23, 2020, so that you can already become familiar with GoToMeeting V2 and prepare your platform accordingly.
If you want to migrate to the new version of the integration, here are the steps on how to do so:
- At any time, after September 23, 2020, configure the integration with GoToMeeting V2, by following the instructions provided in this article. GoToMeeting V1 and GoToMeeting V2 can be simultaneously installed on your platform.
- Plan a date when you are moving to GoToMeeting V2, and use the new version of the integration for the webinars you are scheduling from this date onward. Remember that the GoToMeeting V2 integration is identified as GoToMeeting V2 in the drop-down when scheduling webinars.
- If you have GoToMeeting V1 webinar sessions already scheduled after that date, you have to delete them and create them from scratch with GoToMeeting V2.
- Remove the integration with GoToMeeting V1. Remember: you must delete the sessions associated with GoToMeeting V1 before removing the integration, or you will not be able to delete them afterward.
Keep the following best practices in mind when using the GoToMeeting integration:
- Make sure you have set your role as an organizer in GoToMeeting, or you will not be able to create video conference sessions from the platform.
- In order to run a web conference, all of the webinar attendees must be associated with an email address in the users’ details area. Users with no email address will not be able to access the webinar. Learn more about creating users in your platform.
- If you need to change or remove your account in GoToMeeting, please make sure that there are no active or scheduled webinar sessions using that account in your platform.