DISCLAIMER: The End of Life date of the Webex V1 integration is at the end of January 2021. Remember that, after this date, the webinar sessions scheduled with Webex V1 will no longer be accessible or usable by Superadmins, Power Users, or Learners. Docebo has released its revamped integration with Webex, called Webex V2, on July 21, 2020, and this new version of the integration will completely replace Webex V1 by the end of 2020. Check out the Product Updates page for more details.
For those using Webex Meetings, Training and Event Center for web training, your platform can integrate with Webex, so your users can access live training sessions directly in webinar courses in their Docebo platforms.
Please Note: Docebo can integrate with Webex Meetings, Training and Event Center. The other Cisco web conferencing tools are not currently supported. You can only activate this app if you have a Webex account, if your license includes the Admin site access and if you have agreed to the terms and conditions outlined in your contract.
Your platform supports both listed and unlisted Webex Meetings.
Please note that the integration is available for Webex SaaS, and does not support on-premise deployments.
Activating the Webex App in Docebo
To activate the Webex app in your platform, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the homepage. At the top of the Admin Menu, press the Add New Apps button, the reach the Web Conferencing tab.
In this tab, find the Webex app in the list of apps, then press the Try it for Free button in the app’s row. Now, read the information in the pop-up box and press Try it for Free again. The app is now active in your platform.
Configuring Webex in Docebo
To set up the integration in your platform, access the Admin Menu. Then find the Webex section and select the Manage subitem. On the Settings page for Webex, press the New Account button to add your webinar account.
Then, in the pop-up box, begin by flagging whether you want to host listed or unlisted webinars in your platform. Next, add your account name, Webex ID and password (the credentials you use to log in to Webex). Enter now your Site Name, Site ID, and Partner ID details in the corresponding fields. In order to retrieve these details, log in to your Webex account and click on the Site Information tab in the left sidebar. Your Site Name, Site ID, and Partner ID are listed in the Site Information table.
Use the Additional Information area to type anything you wish to display to your end-users. You can also define the Webex template you want to use for your platform webinar sessions.
Finally, add the maximum number of sessions per course, total sessions and concurrent rooms into the corresponding text boxes. Please note that the number of concurrent rooms is the one agreed on in your Webex license. Press Confirm when you’re finished. Once you have activated the app, you can create a webinar course, please refer to this article to learn more about setting up webinar sessions.
Please note that for webinars using this integration and created after January 10, 2020, you have to activate the password functionality, or Webex will automatically generate it for you. Refer to this article of the Webex Help Center for further information on passwords for webinars.
Migrating to Webex Version 2
Docebo Webex V2 will completely replace Webex V1 at the end of January 2021. You can become a Webex V2 early adopter by activating the new version of the integration at any time after July 21, 2020, so that you can already become familiar with Webex V2 and prepare your platform accordingly.
If you want to become an early adopter, here are the steps on how to do so:
- At any time, after July 21, 2020, configure the integration with Webex V2, by following the instructions provided in this article. Webex V1 and Webex V2 can be simultaneously installed on your platform.
- Plan a date when you are moving to Webex V2, and use the new version of the integration for the webinars you are scheduling from this date onward. Remember that the Webex V2 integration is identified as Webex V2 in the drop-down when scheduling webinars.
- If you have Webex V1 webinar sessions already scheduled after that date, you have to delete them and create them from scratch with Webex V2.
- Remove the integration with Webex V1. Remember: you must delete the sessions associated with Webex V1 before removing the integration, or you will not be able to delete them afterward.
Notes for Instructors
If you are using Webex Events, and you are the instructor in charge of starting the webinar, remember you have to log in to your Webex account and start the session manually from there, so that learners can attend the training.
Tips & Tricks
– Docebo does not support WebEx accounts in federated mode with SSO. If you have configured the SSO authentication in your WebEx page, when you try to create a WebEx session, you might receive an error: “An error was returned from the API: ‘Incorrect user or password'”.