In your platform, you can quickly and easily check course progress and statistics as a Superadmin, Instructor, or Power User (if given permission from the Superadmin). This article outlines how to access and manage the course report.
To access a course report, log into your Docebo platform as a Superadmin, Instructor, or Power User. Then, press the Menu item in the left sidebar and select the My Courses and Learning Plans item from the slide-out menu. Here, select a course. Once you’re on the course page, click on the ellipsis icon in the top right corner of the page, then select the Reports item.
You can also access the Course Report from the Course Management area, by selecting a course and moving to the Reports tab.
Once you’ve reached the course report, you will see a number of statistics at the top of the page:
- The total number of enrolled users
- The number of users that have completed the course, are still in progress, or have yet to begin the course
- The number of days since the course’s launch.
- The number of training material in the course.
The Learning Object View Statistic graph displays the number of users that have viewed learning objects in the course during the last 14 days. Underneath the graph, you will find a list displaying user statistics, training material statistics, and learner assignments information. Let’s take a look at the information in each tab.
User Statistics Tab
The User Statistics tab shows a list of all of the users enrolled in the course. In the search bar on the top of the list, you can use the Export dropdown menu to Export a list of the enrolled users via CSV or Excel or search for a specific user in the course.
Here follow the details available in each row:
- Username – username of the user enrolled in the course
- Subscription date – Date when the user enrolled in the course
- First access date – Date and time that the user first accessed the course
- Completion date – Date and time when the user completed the course
- Last access date – Date and time when the user last accessed the course
- Progress – User progress in the course, in percentage
- Session time – Total time spent in the course (both on desktop and on mobile) since enrollment. The total time is recalculated every day at 0:00 UTC time. Please note that the time is calculated on the actual time the user spends in the course, removing breaks caused by inactivity also due to pop-up blockers and tab closing
- Status – User current status in the course. Possible values are: Not Yet Started, In Progress, or Completed
- Score – Course score calculated on the basis of tests, assignments, or any other learning object associated with a score. The details about the score associated to every training material included in the course is available in the user summary report, that you can access by clicking on the username in the user’s row. The score is calculated according to the settings defined for in the course Advanced Properties, Score tab.
Click on the username in the user’s row, to view the user’s report for the selected course. The report displays a graph and a timeline for the user’s course accesses and lists all of the of training material associated with the course. Each training material’s row displays the title as well as the learner’s first and last attempt, first and last completion date, learning object version, status, reset, and score.
Training Materials Tab
The Training Material Statistics tab lists all of the training materials included in the course. In the search bar on the top of the list, you can use the Export dropdown menu to Export a list of the course’s training materials via CSV or Excel or search for a specific learning object.
Every row in the list shows the title of the learning object, as well as its status (the number of users that have completed the learning object, that are in progress or that have to begin the learning object) and the average score of the object, if applicable. Click on the learning object’s title in the row to be redirected to the learning object’s dedicated statistics page. Here, you will find a list of each user that has opened the learning object.
Here follow the details available in each row:
- Username / First Name / Last Name – User’s first, last name and username of the user enrolled in the course
- First / Last Attempt – Date and time when the user first and last accessed the learning object
- First Completion / Completion Date – Date and time of the user’s first and last completion of the learning object
- Version – Version of the learning object accessed by the user
- Status – The user’s status for the learning object: either Not Yet Started, In Progress, or Completed
Learner Assignments Tab
The Learner Assignments tab shows the list of the assignments that users have submitted for the selected course. Each row for every assignment displays the username and the full name of the user, the name of the assignment learning object, the date and time of the submission, the status, score, and the option to view or evaluate it.
Exporting the Course Report
You can export the course report in CSV and in Excel format. To do so, move to the Export as area, select the export format from the dropdown window and click on the arrow button. Once the export is completed, you will be able to download it on your device.
When exporting the course report, please note that data concerning SCORM, AICC, and Test training materials are always exported while the export procedure does not support other training material types, and thus data will be set to zero.
SCORM Tracking and CMI
If your SCORM object includes a quiz or questions, you will be able to analyze the results using by accessing the User Statistics tab within the course report. In the tab, you can find the list of all the users subscribed to the course. Select a username to view the user’s activities within the course.
Once you’re redirected to this page, select the SCORM object in the list of learning objects. The platform will then show you the CMI, which includes all of the activities completed by the user within the selected object. The CMI is divided into two sections:
- Attempt Details. Shows all of the questions included in the SCORM object, along with the answers provided by the user, specifying the correct and incorrect answers.
- Advanced Statistics. Extrapolates generic information about the activities made by the user.
You can also extrapolate quantitative data by selecting the Training Material Statistics tab and clicking on the SCORM object that you would like to analyze (see the related section above for more information). When you select the Answers Breakdown button, the platform will show you how many users provided a specific answer to a specific question. You can export, save, and print this data. using the Export dropdown menu in the search bar.