The User Personal Summary report allows you to track all of the information related to a particular user. In order to generate a User Personal Summary, log into your platform as the Superadmin, access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon in the top right corner. In the E-Learning section, select the Reports item.
Learners can also see their own personal summary in the My Activities area of their platforms. Refer to this article for further details on how learners can access the report.
Viewing the Report
On the main Reports page, find the User Personal Summary section. In the search text box, start typing the name of the user for which you want to generate a report. The username should appear in a list below the search bar. Press the username, then press the Generate button next to the search bar. The report will then appear.
On the left side of the page, you will see a list of tabs, which divide the user’s summary into different sections. Let’s go through each tab.
– Statistics. This tab shows information and statistics about the user and his/her activity over the last 12 months. If the Discover, Coach & Share module is active in the platform, this tab also includes data about the activity.
– Additional Info. This tab shows user additional fields if configured by the Superadmin.
– Courses. This tab shows the list of courses in which the user is enrolled. For each course, the report shows the course code, course title, user status in the course, date of enrollment, enrollment expiration date, course completion status, credits earned, total time spent inside the course, the user’s score for the course and the certificate issued to the user upon completing the course (click on the certificate icon to download a copy of the certificate). Please note that once a learner receives a certificate upon completing a course or a learning plan, the certificate will be associated with the user (and it will be possible to download it) even if the certificate template is deleted from the platform. As a Superadmin, you can un-assign the certificate only by unenrolling the learner from the course, removing the certificate template, and enrolling the learner back to the course. Click on the title of the user status, date of enrollment, date or course completion columns to sort the list according to that column.
– Classrooms. This tab lists the classroom sessions attended by the user. For each classroom, the report displays the classroom and session name, date of enrollment and attendance, the status of the user in the session, and the user’s final score for the session.
– Learning Plans. This tab lists the learning plans in which the user is enrolled. For each learning plan, you will see the name and code of the learning plan, the number of courses included in the learning plan, and a percentage of the user’s progress in the learning plan. Click on the learning plan code and on the learning plan name column header to sort the list according to that column.
– External Training. This tab shows any external training activity that the user has reported if the External Training app is activated in your platform. At the top of the tab, click New Activity to report new external training activities. For each activity, you will see the course name, type, date, score, credits, training institute, certification and certificate, and status of completion.
– Badges. This tab shows all badges and points earned by the user with the Gamification app. At the top of this page, you will see the total number of badges and points earned by the user. The list shows, for each badge, the name of the badge, points earned, date of issuance, and the event that triggered the earning of the badge.
– Social. This tab shows statistics related to the user’s forum activities and blog posts in the platform. For both forums and blogs, the report shows the number of posts, the number of times the user’s posts have been voted as helpful or unhelpful, average post rating and rating details, as well as a chart of activity over the past year. Please refer to this article for information on how to activate forums in your platform.
– Webinars. This tab shows a list of webinar courses and sessions in which the user is enrolled. For each course or session in the list, you will see the name of the course and session, the enrollment date, and the status of enrollment.
– Certification. This tab lists the user’s certifications and retraining activities. For each activity, the list displays the title and description of the certification, date of issuance and expiration, and the number of days in which the certification must be renewed. As the Superadmin, you can also see expired tickets in the list, and use the search bar to find a specific certification.
– Questions & Answers. For those using the Discover, Coach & Share module, this tab displays the user’s activity. Set the timeframe (monthly, weekly, or yearly) using the corresponding dropdown menu to see the number of answers and questions provided by the user. Below, you can see the number of likes and dislikes the user’s answers have received, as well as the number of answers by the user that have been marked as the “Best Answer” to a question. The charts display the user activity per channel and the number of questions asked versus answers provided by the user. Finally, the report shows the user’s ranks in regards to answer quality, answer rate, and participation rate.
– Sharing Activity. For those using the Discover, Coach & Share module, this tab displays the user’s sharing activity. Set the timeframe (monthly, weekly, or yearly) using the corresponding dropdown menu to see a few overview statistics, including the average rating of shared assets of the user, number of shared content, number of total views of the user’s content, and the average watch rate of the user’s content. Finally, three graphs representing the user’s activity per channel, shared assets, and views of shared assets.
– Asset Ranks. For those using the Discover, Coach & Share module, this tab displays the user’s assets activity, including the number of views, the average rating, the number of invitations sent to other users, the average watch rate, and the average reaction time of the asset.
At the top of the report, you can press the corresponding buttons to download the report as a PDF or Print the report.