As a Superadmin or a Power User with given permissions, you are responsible for the users in your platform, from creation to everyday management such as editing, assigning/moving users to groups and branches, managing teams, etc. Though you can manage users individually, you can also take advantage of mass actions to save time and reduce the risk of errors.
This article outlines all of the mass actions available in the Users section of your platform. Mass actions for user management are also available for the My Team functionality, both for Superadmins and for Managers. Refer to this section of our Knowledge Base for further information.
Mass Selecting Users
In order to manage multiple users with a single mass actions, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner. In the E-Learning Section, press the Users item in the E-Learning section. Once you’re on the main Users page, select multiple users by selecting the checkboxes next to the user names or flag the checkbox in the top row to select all of the users on the page currently shown.
Please Note: In order to select all of the users of your platform, not just the users displayed in the current page of the table, press the Select All button at the bottom of the table, displayed when at least one user is selected.
Once you’ve selected the users you want to manage, click on the Choose Action button shown at the bottom right corner of the table. A pop-up menu will appear above the button, where you can decide which action to complete on the selected users. Refer to the section below for details on each option.
Massive Actions for User Management
Once you have selected at least one user in the table, the Choose Action button will be made available at the bottom of the All Users table, click on it and choose one of the available actions to massively perform on the selected users:
– Branches > Add to Branch. Use this option to add the selected users to a specific branch in the organizational chart. In the slideout panel that will open, select the branch in which you want to place the selected users, then press Confirm. Try to avoid placing a user in multiple branches, as if often can make user management and user experience more complex (i.e. it may trigger multiple notifications for them). Rather than placing a user into two or more branches, you can place the user in a single branch, then place them in different groups.
– Branches > Move to Branch. This will move the selected users to another branch. In the slideout panel, select the branch in which you want to place the selected users, then press Confirm. Now, all of the selected users will be removed from their previously assigned branches and will be placed in the newly selected branch. Please note that, if you have activated your platform after October 21, 2019, you are not allowed to move users to other branches, and this option will not be visible to you.
– Branches > Remove from Branch. This command will remove the selected users from the branch they belong to. In the slideout panel, select the branch from which you want to remove the selected users, then press Confirm. In this case, please make sure that all of the selected users belong in the same single branch. Remember that you cannot remove users from the root branch.
– Export > Export as CSV. Use this option to export the list of the selected users and into CSV format. Then, in the slideout panel, select the field separator, then flag whether you want to include the names of the columns in the first row of the file. Below, flag which user fields you want to include in the file, selecting from both standard fields and from the additional fields that you have created or imported. Please note that the username field is always included in the list. When you’re ready, press the Export CSV File button at the bottom. A download of your file will automatically begin.
– Export > Export as XLS. In this menu, you will be able to export the list of the selected users with all their information. Then, in the slideout panel, select the field separator, then flag whether you want to include the names of the columns in the first row of the file. Below, flag which user fields you want to include in the file, selecting from both standard fields and from the additional fields that you have created or imported. Please note that the username field is always included in the list. When you’re ready, press the Export XLS File button at the bottom. A download of your file will automatically begin.
– Give Manager Permissions. When this option is selected, the This user manages a team option is activated in the profiles of the selected users. Please refer to this article for further information on how to configure managers.
– Send Activation Notification. Use this option to send the User has been created (by administrator) notification to all of the selected users. Please note that this notification must already be configured and activated in the Notification App. Refer to the Sending a Notification to New Users chapter of this article for further information.
– Status > Activate. If the user was previously deactivated, it can be activated again. Use this action will activate all the selected users. Further information on user statuses is available here.
– Status > Deactivate. Use this command to deactivate the user profiles of the selected users. Further information on user statuses is available here.
Remember that you can also import, activate and deactivate users via a CSV file. Refer to this article for further details.
– Edit. When this option is selected, a slideout panel will allow you to massively change some user fields such as: Password, Email validation status, User expiration date, preferred language, user role and direct manager, and all the additional fields.
– Delete. This command will delete permanently the selected users. Remember that this operation cannot be undone and that when you delete a user, you’ll also delete any asset that the user uploaded into the platform. Be careful when using this option.