DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article outlines how to use functionalities released in Docebo 7.8, which will be publicly released to all clients in the beginning of November 2019. If you see differences between this article in your platform, check back at that time for updated content.
Your Docebo learning platform is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), with several AI features included in your platform to enhance the way enterprises deploy and manage their learning programs, internally and across the extended enterprise, and is designed to deliver automated and personalized learning at scale.
All users in your platform – Learners, Managers, and Admins – can benefit from AI-powered features, and as with any features and functionalities in your platform, we want to ensure that you know exactly what’s going on and how to best use these innovative and time-saving features. This article outlines some questions and answers that you may have about Docebo’s artificial intelligence, as well as where you’ll find the features in your platform.
How does artificial intelligence work in my Docebo platform?
The artificial intelligence in your platform lets your platform automatically perform some of the actions that you would do manually yourself, either as a learner or an Admin, such as tagging social learning assets that you contribute to the Coach & Share module or suggesting which courses are most relevant for learners.
The concept is simple: We use specialized algorithms to safely and securely analyze nearly all of the different types of content that you’re adding into your platform and how you’re using the platform, and find ways to enhance and simplify the learner or Admin experience.
What do I need to know about how Docebo uses and/or stores the data used in algorithms?
The content and data that are analyzed and used in Docebo’s artificial intelligence algorithms are used only for the purpose of enhancing the learning or Admin experience in your specific platform, and all data is anonymized. Docebo does not share or sell any data used for these algorithms, and the artificial intelligence used in the platform is GDPR compliant.
Data is not shared from learner-to-learner, from learner-to-Superadmin (and vice-versa), nor from your platform to Docebo staff.
Will Docebo’s artificial intelligence eventually work with content in languages other than English?
Most of Docebo’s AI features work with our available product languages. However, the deep platform search and auto-tagging features work only for English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese content at the moment, but there is full intention to add support for a number of other platform languages for these features over time. We will roll out these capabilities for other languages, together with incremental enhancements and maintenance of all AI functionality. Keep an eye on the Product Update page for more information in the future.
Where can I find AI features in my platform?
The list below is an updated outline of where you’ll find AI-powered features in your Docebo platform:
– AI-Powered Deep Search: Docebo’s AI analyzes learning content of any nature, understanding its content and using that content to exponentially improve learning content discoverability with the platform’s search feature. Upon sharing a new learning asset or creating new training material (learning objects), AI analyzes the asset to produce search results that are more relevant. For example, a video is searched and discovered by its spoken content to produce much more effective learning experiences by putting content that the learners want in front of them more easily and more effectively. Learn more about the search engine in your platform.
– Auto-Tagging: AI analyzes learning asset (formal and informal), identifying key phrases and creating tags for the assets automatically. This helps make content easier to find using the deep search mentioned above. For example, upon sharing a video as a new learning asset, AI “listens” to the entire video, understands its key phrases, and creates up to 10 tags to help with content categorization and search (tags can also be manually edited if necessary). Learn more about creating and sharing formal and informal content in your platform.
– Invite-To-Watch: Invite-to-Watch elevates the social learning experience by making it simple to share content with peers. When a learner shares an asset in Coach & Share and wants to invite a specific audience to watch that asset, AI suggests the employees who would benefit most from it. Learn more about this feature.
– Enrollment Suggestions for Admins: Admins will see an AI-suggested list of learners when enrolling them into a course, so they spend less time searching and brainstorming which users will benefit most from the course.
– Formal Content Suggestions for Managers: Managers can see suggestions for courses in which they should enroll their team members from the My Team area of the platform, allowing them to continue their learning journey without Admin intervention.
– Next Content Suggestions for Learners: Learners are provided with accurate informal content suggestions that their colleagues are contributing in the platform when they’re already watching an asset, so that focus on relevant content that creates an individualized learning experience. Learn more about Coach & Share here.