Introduction to Pages
Superadmins in Docebo can configure and organize the layout of the pages that compose the LMS. The platform interface is made up of three types of pages:
– Built-in Pages. These pages are included by default in the platform and cannot be edited or unpublished (such as My Dashboard, Courses Catalog, etc.). Superadmins can, however, organize them into menus according to their needs.
– External Link Pages. These pages are used to open links from external webpages directly within your LMS platform. They are listed in menus, and can be added and configured by Superadmins.
– Widget Pages. These pages are made up of widgets and can be fully configured by Superadmins.
Your platform also has a Menu Layout Composer to define customized menus (composed of pages) and to assign them to users. These modules are available to all customers.
Viewing All Existing Pages
To view all of the pages configured in your platform (not only the dashboards you’ve created), login as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the page. In the Admin Menu, select the Manage Pages item from the Settings section.
This list shows all of the available pages in your platform ordered by page type. Each page’s row displays the icon, code and description, whether the page is a Built-In, External Link or Widget page, in how many menus the page appears, and how many widgets are included in the page (for widget pages only). Finally, the list shows if the page is published or not. You can choose which columns appear in the list by pressing the filters button in the top left corner of the list. Select or unselect the column names in the slideout panel, and the list will refresh in realtime.
From the menu item at the end of the page’s row, you can preview the page, copy the URL of the page, edit or delete it (except for built-in pages). At any time, you can switch to the Manage Menus menu by pressing the list button in the top right corner.
Viewing All Existing Menus
To view the menus configured in your platform, login as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the platform. Select the Manage Menus item from the Settings section. Here, you can see the list of the menus already available in your platform.
In each menu’s row, you can see the menu name and code, to whom it is visible, how many items are in the menu, if it’s the default menu of the platform, and whether the menu is published or not.You can choose which columns appear in the list by pressing the filters button in the top left corner of the list. Select or unselect the column names in the slideout panel, and the list will refresh in realtime. At any time, you can switch to the Manage Pages menu by clicking on the list button in the top right corner.
Keep the following best practices in mind before creating and managing menus & pages:
- Keep it simple
- Define your priorities
- Remember that scrolling down can break the User Experience
- Elements on the top are more relevant
- Start from your company’s website
- If you have a lot of elements to show, create another page
- Create a different menu/page for target only if it’s necessary