The Superadmins of your platform can configure and organize the layout of the pages and the menus used both by the desktop and the mobile platform. Depending on your needs, you can keep the desktop menu structure and page layout aligned with the Go.Learn app, or keep different versions.
Use Case Scenarios
The menu structure, as well as the structure of the pages composing the menu, is flexible and can be changed at any time. It is a perfect fit for a situation where you need to define some pages dedicated to an event your company is organizing to share the event program, or the directions on how to get to the venue, only for a limited period of time (that is, before and during the event), both for desktop and for mobile.
Thanks to this flexibility, a Company using the Multidomain App can design different sets of pages, organized in different menus, one for every domain managed by the platform. When using the White Label App in conjunction with the multidomain, the set of pages and menus can be branded differently for every domain.
Docebo manages three types of pages:
– Built-in Pages. These pages are included by default in the platform menu but their layout cannot be edited and they cannot be deleted. As a Superadmin, you can define whether to show or hide them in menus. The built-in pages available for mobile are: My Courses and Learning Plans, All Channels, My Channel (available only when the Coach & Share module is active) and Course Catalog. Find more information about mobile built-in pages in this article.
– External Link Pages. These pages are used to open links from external webpages directly within your desktop platform. External Link pages are not available for the mobile app.
– Widget Pages. These pages are made up of widgets and can be fully configured by Superadmins. Some widgets are available both for desktop and mobile, some for desktop only.
In order to view the pages already configured for your desktop and mobile platforms, login as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on Manage Pages in the Settings section.
This page lists all of the pages configured in your platform, ordered by page type. Remember that every page you create is available by default both for desktop and for mobile. Each row displays the page icon, code, name and description, whether the page is a Built-In, External Link or Widget page, in how many menus the page is included, and the number of widgets composing the page (for widget pages only). Since not all the widgets available for desktop are also available for mobile, the Widgets column includes details about the number of widgets used for the desktop and for the mobile page.
Finally, the last column of the table shows if the page is published or not. When a page is published, it is possible to include it into menus. Remember that pages are displayed only to the users assigned to at least one menu including the page. If a page is not assigned to any menu, no user will have access to it.
Customize the table layout by selecting the columns you want to see in the list by clicking on the columns management icon in the top left corner of the table. The table layout is refreshed in real time, when columns are selected or unselected from this area.
Click on the menu item at the end of each row to copy the page URL, edit or delete it (the Delete option is not available built-in pages). At any time, you can switch to the Manage Menus section by pressing the list button in the top right corner.
To view the menus already configured in your platform, login as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the platform and select the Manage Menus item from the Settings section. Remember that every menu you create is available by default both for desktop and for mobile.
Each row displays the menu name and code, the users enabled to see the menu, the number of pages included both in the desktop and in the mobile menu, whether the menu is the default platform menu, and if it is published or not.
At any time, you can switch to the Manage Pages menu by clicking on the list button in the top right corner.
Keep the following best practices in mind before creating and managing menus & pages:
- Keep it simple
- Define your priorities
- Remember that scrolling down can break the User Experience
- Elements on the top are more relevant
- Start from your company’s website
- If you have a lot of elements to show, create another page
- Create a different menu/page for target only if it’s necessary
Find Out More
Start by creating pages, then organize them into menus and assign them to users. Find more information here:
- Create widget pages. Here is an article on how to create pages from scratch using widgets, or using predefined templates to speed up the creation process.
- Use the right widgets. Find here the complete list of available widgets, both for mobile and for desktop.
- Create external link pages. This article will help you in creating pages linking to external web sites.
- Organize pages into menus. Here is an article on how to organize pages in menus, and how to synchronize desktop and mobile menus.
- Learn about mobile pages and menus. Find here a Q&A document on everything you need to know about the transition to mobile pages.
- Manage pages and menus on Go.Learn. Learn how to use and navigate the mobile app menu by reading this article, and find here more information on mobile built-in pages.