After logging in, you’ll find yourself on the homepage of your platform. Depending on how your Admin set up your homepage, the page may have different layouts and you may or may not see some items that appear in the screenshots in this article.
When you navigate away from your homepage, you can always return here at any time by pressing the Home item in the top left corner of the page.
We will go through the items composing your homepage so that you can get familiar with them.
The search bar at the top of your homepage lets you search for courses, learning plans, content, assets, questions & answers and catalogs in your platform. Once you enter the search term into the text area, the recommended content matching your criteria will appear below the bar. You can press the title of the content to reach it. To see all search results, press All Results or the magnifying glass.
On the search results page, press the title of the content to access that area of the platform. Please note that if you don’t have permission to access that specific content or area in the platform, you will receive an Access Denied message.
The search bar and the action icons (see the section below) in the header of your platform are always present in every area of your platform, not just the homepage.
The action icons in the header of your platform allow you to quickly check different items in your platform. Just like the search bar, action icons are always present in every area of your platform, not just the homepage. Some action icons may be greyed out, meaning nothing will happen if you press them. This is because those specific features have been disabled by your Admin.
Click the trophy icon to view information related to badges, leaderboards, points, and coins in your platform. Badges, points and coins are earned by completing actions in your platform, such as completing a course or a series of courses. This icon allows you to quickly access your Badges and Points page as well as the Rewards Marketplace. To learn more about gamification in your platform, refer to the corresponding sections in this user guide.
Click the bell icon to view your recent notifications. If you have any unread notifications, a small number appears over the icon to indicate the number of notifications that you have yet to read. Press the View Full Notifications Page item at the bottom of the slide-out panel to see all notifications. On the top of the main Notifications page, you can use the option to see only unread notifications or you can mark all notifications as read. Press the bell icon, the notification tile or the View Notification item to read the notification.
The Virtual Coach in your platform is your proactive learning coach, who can guide and steer you continuously through your learning activities and your work within your learning platform. When you click on the Virtual Coach button, a chat panel will slide out on the right side of your platform, with your chat history on the top part of the panel, and an area to type your messages to your Virtual Coach at the bottom. Learn more about the Virtual Coach here.
Besides the header of the platform (where you’ll find the search bar and action icons), your homepage is composed of widgets, which are specific areas of your dashboard that allow you to view or perform specific functions in the platform.
Here is a list of the widgets you may see in your homepage, or in any other page of the platform. Depending on how your Admin set up your homepage and the other pages of your platform, some widgets listed here may or may not be visible in your platform, or their title and layout may be different.
– Activity Overview. This widget shows statistics about your activity, such as the number of courses in which you are enrolled as well as the number of Completed, In Progress and Not Started courses. Depending on the widget settings, other types of information may be shown.
– Activity Stream. This widget displays the latest platform activities you performed, such as the latest attended courses.
– Catalogs. This widget displays courses that are available to buy or into which you can enroll. You may already be enrolled in some courses in the catalog, meaning you can simply press Play to access the course.
– Channels. This widget displays different channels and the content inside the channels. By pressing the title of the content, you can directly access it. Please note that some content may be locked, meaning you do not yet have access to it.
– Courses and Learning Plan. This widget shows all of the courses and learning plans in which you’re enrolled. By pressing the title of the learning plan/course, you can directly access it. Please note that some learning plans/courses may be locked, meaning you do not yet have access to them.
– Custom Content Box. This widget is composed of a background with three elements laying over it: a content title, a content subtitle and a button (linking to a URL). From this widget, you can access other areas of the platform or external websites.
– Videos. This widget embeds the YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia video players in your widget page.
– Gamification. This widget shows information related to badges, leaderboards, points, and coins in your platform. Badges, points and coins are earned by completing actions in your platform, such as completing a course or a series of courses. From here, you can quickly access your Badges and Points page as well as the Rewards Marketplace.
– HTML/WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). This widget shows custom HTML or WYSIWYG content embedded by your admin.
– Iframe. This widget displays content from an external URL.
– Image. This widget displays images.
– My Calendar. This widget displays a calendar listing all of the courses in which you are enrolled on a day-to-day basis. The calendar aspect may vary considerably depending on the selected type of view and on the widget size.
– My KPIs. This widget shows statistics related to your performance on the platform. You may see your last accessed courses, best scores in courses, upcoming sessions, etc.
– My Profile. This widget displays information related to your profile on the platform. You may see your username, email address, profile picture, etc.
– My Transactions. This widget shows all of the purchases you made within the platform. Purchases are shown as a list of transactions.
– Questions and Answers. This widget allows you to answer questions, if you are the question the owner to identify an answer as the Best Answer, and other users to like or dislike answers.
– Subscription Codes. This widget allows you to enter your subscription code.
– Task List. This widget shows the tasks assigned to you.