Starting from Docebo 7.6, the Course Management area of your Docebo platform will be completely renewed on a step-by-step basis. The first step, called the Beta Version, has been delivered with Docebo 7.6, and includes all the functionalities of the Course Management with a brand new look. This means that you will keep managing and maintaining your courses as usual, while taking advantage of the new user experience.
For Enterprise clients, you now have the possibility to test out the new Course Management interface and switch back to the old Course Management experience whenever you want until Docebo 7.7 is released. In the Docebo 7.7 release, all clients (including Growth clients), will get the new Course Management experience.
The Beta Version of the new Course Management grants the functionalities already available in the old Course Management, with a new and fresh interface and a smoother user experience. You will see that some areas of the new Course Management still offer an older interface; these areas will be updated on weekly basis up to the release of Docebo 7.7, when the Course Management will be completely renewed, in all sections.
Starting from Docebo 7.6, you can take advantage of the following enhancements:
– Customizable Course List. Courses are listed in the page’s main table. You can customize table layout in order to show only the columns that are relevant to you. Click on the Columns Management icon on top of the table to select the columns you would like to include in the table view. Use the Cross icon to drag and drop the columns in the list, sorting them according to your needs.
– Filter Courses. New filtering options are available, including course type, status, properties and language, enrollment status and users in waiting list. Click on the filter icon on top of the table to see the complete list and to make your selection. Filters are applied in real time.
– Category Tree. Click on the Folder icon on top of the table to access the categories management. Click on the category name in the left panel to use it as a filter, or to manage existing categories (edit details, move or delete them and create new sub-categories).
– Seat Management. The management of seats for Power Users is handled directly from the main Courses page. Click on the Seat icon and define the number of seats to assign. Remember that you cannot remove extra seats already assigned to users.
– Navigation Tabs. Once a course is selected, all of the relevant information and possible actions are accessible from the tabs displayed at the top of the course page: all you need is within reach.
Activating the New Course Management
As an Enterprise client, you can reach the Beta version of new Course Management from the old Course Management page. Access the platform as a Superadmin, then reach the Admin Menu by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the platform. Select Courses from the E-Learning section.
Once in the main Courses page, click on Try it Now in the message displayed on top of the action buttons. A pop-up will ask you to confirm the activation of the new Course Management. Please note that the consistency of existing course data will not be changed or lost and that your account only will switch to the new version. Press Confirm to switch to the new Course Management area.
Rolling Back to the Old Course Management
You can roll back to the old Course Management at any time up until Docebo 7.7. Everything you created and configured with the new Course Management will be saved and still available, even after rolling back. No data will be lost. From the main Course Management page, click Leave Beta or Give Feedback and select Restore Old Version from the right panel. Please give us your feedback before going using the survey that will open in a new tab. This feedback is vital for us in order to give you the best Course Management experience.
Providing Feedback of Your Experience
It is important for us to know your opinion about the new Course Management so that we can make it even better! Whenever you want to communicate something to us (both positive and negative opinions), click Help & Feedback and select Leave Us Your Feedback in the right panel. You will be redirected to an external (but safe) form where you will be guided to leave your opinion, the survey is anonymous.
Since the new Course Management is a currently Beta Version in continuous evolution, you may experience some issues while using it, although likely not. If this happens, feel free to inform us about it by contacting our Help Desk using the Help Desk form. To do so, from the main Course Management page, click Leave Beta or Give Feedback and select Report a Bug. Please refer to this article of the Knowledge Base for further information on how to contact the Help Desk and to submit issues.
Beta Program Continuous Update
As a participant to the Beta program, you can take advantage of the continuous updates involving this area. We keep improving existing functionalities and adding new features. Here follows a list of the functionalities we have updated and released so far:
Week of February 25, 2019
Starting from this weekly release, you will be able to:
– Check if the thumbnail is currently used by other courses from the thumbnail Usage tab of the Image Manager
– Replace the thumbnail of several courses with a mass action, associating the same thumbnail to all the selected courses
– As a Power User, you now have the possibility to view and manage the courses you have created even if visibility and editing permissions on courses are not set in your Power User profile
Week of March 4, 2019
Starting from this weekly release, you will be able to:
-Crop the images uploaded from Unsplash before using them as thumbnails for your courses.
Week of April 15, 2019
Starting from this weekly release:
– A new column is available for the courses table displayed in the main Course Management page to show the course additional fields (if defined). You can decide whether to display the column or not, as for any other column, from the column selector area
– You will be able to change the status of several courses at a time by publishing and unpublishing them
– You will be able to delete several courses at the same time with a single mass action