The One Report You Need to Understand Today’s Learning Trends and Save your Strategies from Collapse
It’s no secret that a learning and development (L&D) program is incomplete and ineffective without a robust L&D strategy. It’s also widely known that it can be challenging to clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of L&D strategies with measurable results. And yet, it’s remarkable how many organizations lack an L&D strategy to begin with, and how many more haven’t linked learning outcomes with overall business performance objectives — a fundamental component of any effective L&D strategy.
These are issues revealed and addressed head on in State of Learning and Development 2016: Ready to Evolve, a Brandon Hall Group (BHG) report released today and available for download here. BHG, a global research and analyst firm focused on research-based solutions to empower excellence in organizations, has surveyed hundreds of organizations of all sizes from around the globe to gain deep insights into L&D trends, strategies and results in order to produce this report. It provides an overview of the current state of L&D, and is an essential resource for leaders in training, L&D, eLearning, and organizational excellence.
Wasted Time, Money and Effort for No Measurable Improvements
Notably, the report covers the fact that most companies have learning strategies that are simply ineffective at delivering an actual impact on business performance. “For these companies, a lot of the time, money and energy spent designing and delivering learning is for nothing,” the report’s author explains. “As organizations continue to struggle with determining the ROI for learning, this is a troubling sign.”
Some of the other areas addressed in the report include:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of learning strategies when it comes to meeting business goals.
- The most critical learning initiatives for achieving business goals.
- What high-performing organizations do in order to build the best, most effective learning programs and beat the competition.
- Why two thirds of companies aren’t at all confident their learning strategies are actually effective.
- How blended learning approaches consistently net better learning and business outcomes for organizations, across the board.
- Why 93% of organizations view improving organizational performance as the most critical learning outcome for their business — and why so many fail to link learning and business objectives.
The report is an essential resource not only for businesses that are struggling to implement and prove the value of an L&D program, but also those that are already using L&D strategies but need to make sure their programs are robust and relevant in a competitive market. So download it today to set your organization on the road to a better L&D strategy and actual, measurable business outcomes.
Set your organization on the road to a better L&D strategy and actual, measurable business outcomes.